ABOUT THE TRAINING AND LEARNING CENTER
The James W. Hunt, Jr. Training & Learning Center is a 7,500 square foot facility conveniently located in Worcester, MA. It has immediate access to a major highway, dependable public transportation and significant on-site parking. The League's Board of Directors has invested in and created this vibrant learning, teaching and training center that can accommodate up to 120 healthcare professionals at one time. With two main conference rooms supported by three functional breakout rooms, dynamic collaborative space, state-of-the-art audio visual / teleconferencing systems and a caterers' kitchen, this space is the epicenter of enhancing and developing the skills of our healthcare workforce.
OUTSIDE MEETING RENTALS & SERVICES
This 7,500 sq. ft. center is conveniently located less than one mile from a major highway, offers five room options, multiple set up configurations, state-of-the-art technology, caterers' kitchen and substantial on-site parking. The largest conference rooms are the Greendale Room and Crown Hill Room. Smaller trainings, meetings or executive team retreats have been held in the Tatnuck Room, and individuals have used our Blackstone & Main South rooms for private meetings, video conference calls or breakout sessions. For detailed information on each training room please click below.
For those who need overnight accomodations, the League works with a few area hotels all managed through the same company. For these Worcester hotels, the League will get 15% off (standard Corporate NLRA rate*) on the reservation.
- Courtyard Marriott Worcester - 72 Grove Street, Worcester, MA 01605
- Hampton Inn / Hilton - 65 Prescott Street, Worcester, MA 01605
- AC Hotel - 125 Front Street, Worcester, MA 01608
Ask for the Mass League of Community Health Centers rate (valid through December 31, 2019).
* Negotiable Last Room Available - so please plan accordingly and book in advance when possible to ensure the rate remains available.
ABOUT THE HUNT INSTITUTE FOR COMMUNITY HEALTH
The Board of Directors launched an education and training institute named for the organization's President & CEO, James W. Hunt, Jr., which includes the training facility in Worcester. The site and our growing workforce development curriculum are a direct result of Jim's efforts to secure long-term investments through the state's Medicaid waiver. Facility usage is dedicated to developing and training the future community-based healthcare workforce. Under the Board's direction, the League is fundraising to support and expand the Institute's programming and learning technology to ensure that community health centers from across the state have access to the cutting-edge training, technical assistance and recruitment initiatives needed for attracting, developing and retaining critically needed providers in underserved communities. Some of these initiatives include:
- An evolving program of technical assistance to strengthen community health center readiness for accountable care.
- Loan repayment opportunities for primary care and behavioral health clinicians who commit to four years of practice in an eligible community-based setting.
- Support for health center clinicians to engage in one-year projects related to accountable care implementation.
- Programs to increase Family Medicine and Nurse Practitioner residency training slots at community health centers.
- Efforts to prevent and help health center patients better manage diabetes, one of the fastest growing public health concerns in Massachusetts and nationally.
- Accelerated focus on integrating behavioral health, including treatment for substance use disorders, into the health center primary care delivery model.
- Commitment to using data for improving patient outcomes, strengthening financial operations and lowering care costs at community health centers.
- Approaches for documenting and disseminating health center best practices to primary care organizations -- including private providers -- both statewide and nationally.
For more information, please contact Bob Spellane, Vice President, Business Development at 508-365-6307.