This program aims to address the shortage of primary care and behavioral health providers practicing in community-based settings by offering partial repayment of student loan obligations for providers who commit to four years of service in a community health center (CHC), community mental health center (CMHC; inclusive of community-based mental health centers, substance use programs, and psychiatric day treatment programs) or Emergency Service Program (ESP) providers participating in MassHealth payment reform, or a Community Service Agency (CSA) or a Community Partner (CP) or their Affiliated Partner or Consortium Entity as well as providers of In-Home Therapy (IHT) that are contracted with an ACO. Quarterly learning days will also be offered to enhance the commitment of participating providers to community-based careers.
This year's application cycle for the Student Loan Repayment Program will be completely electronic. Start your application process by clicking HERE. This will direct you to a secure web-based page where you can register. Once you are registered, you will receive an email with directions on how to complete your application.
PLEASE NOTE: The Employer Application will be provided to the applicant via email after registration. The applicant is responsible for facilitating the process by giving the Employer Application to their employer and uploading it to the online platform once completed.
If you have any questions on how to complete your application using this online platform, please use the resources below under Program Information and Other Resources.
Applications for the Student Loan Repayment Program were due April 12, 2019 by 5 PM EST.
- Student Loan Repayment Program Frequently Asked Questions
- How to Complete Your Application Video
- Informational Webinar Recording (3/4/19)
Resources for Employers:
- The question and answer period for the Student Loan Repayment Program general application questions will be ending on Friday, March 29. All general application questions must be submitted to Statewide Investments Inbox (StatewideInvestments@massleague.org) by 5:00 PM EST on Friday, March 29. All questions submitted after this period may not be answered.
- Questions related to the online application platform will be reviewed and addressed up until the deadline of April 12 at 5:00 PM EST.