With support from the Massachusetts Department of Public Health, the League recently presented webinars about infection control in primary care settings. The recordings and materials are now available below.
- Basics of Bio-Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) webinar - Feb. 24, 2016
- Emerging Infectious Diseases (EID) and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) webinar - March 23, 2016
Find other training and education resources at the DelValle Institute for Emergency Preparedness, the Local Public Health Institute of Massachusetts, and the Massachusetts Department of Public Health.
- Massachusetts Department of Public Health Zika Resource Page
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Zika Information
- Ebola Preparedness Considerations
- Massachusetts Department of Public Health Ebola Resource Page
- Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response (ASPR) Ebola Information
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Ebola Information
- Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) Ebola Resource Page
- National Association of Community Health Centers (NACHC) Ebola Resource Page
- National Library of Medicine Ebola Resource Page
- OSHA Ebola Resource Page
- Massachusetts Department of Public Health Enterovirus Resource webpage
- CDC. Non-Polio Enterovirus
- CDC. Enterovirus D68 for Health Care Professionals
To help reduce the impact of flu on the health care system, the Department of Public Health has developed a brochure, low-literacy brochure, and poster “Flu: What You Can Do â€“ Caring for People at Home” as an informational resource to help residents care for themselves and their families without having to visit their health care provider. The materials explain basic concepts such as:
- What the difference is between a cold and the flu
- How to keep from getting the flu
- How to care for someone who has the flu
- When a person should call the doctor, or seek immediate assistance through 911
Handwashing materials are available in multiple languages at http://www.maclearinghouse.com/category/HAND.html
MDPH encourages you to make this important informational resource available for your customers, patients, visitors, or other constituents.
- CDC. Flu Activity & Surveillance
- CDC. Prevention Strategies for Seasonal Influenza in Healthcare Settings
- CDC. CDC adds videos, PSAs, and web tools for use during the influenza season.
- CDC. Information for Health Professionals
- Immunization Action Coalition. Vaccine Information Statements