The webinars and presentations hosted here were created by the League specifically for community health centers. A one-day conference focused on the realities of primary care and proper infection control for stopping the spread - and fear - of emerging infectious diseases. Topics include epidemiology and disease surveillance, lessons learned from the recent global threat of Ebola, and an interactive session on personal protective equipment.
Find other training and education resources at the DelValle Institute for Emergency Preparedness, the Local Public Health Institute of Massachusetts, and the Massachusetts Department of Public Health.
- Massachusetts Department of Public Health Zika Resource Page
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Zika Information
- Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response (ASPR) Ebola Information
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Ebola Information
- OSHA Ebola Resource Page
To help reduce the impact of flu on the health care system, the Department of Public Health has developed a brochure, low-literacy brochure, and poster “Flu: What You Can Do â€“ Caring for People at Home” as an informational resource to help residents care for themselves and their families without having to visit their health care provider. The materials explain basic concepts such as:
- What the difference is between a cold and the flu
- How to keep from getting the flu
- How to care for someone who has the flu
- When a person should call the doctor, or seek immediate assistance through 911
Handwashing materials are available in multiple languages at http://www.maclearinghouse.com/category/HAND.html
MDPH encourages you to make this important informational resource available for your customers, patients, visitors, or other constituents.
- CDC. Flu Activity & Surveillance
- CDC. Prevention Strategies for Seasonal Influenza in Healthcare Settings
- CDC. CDC adds videos, PSAs, and web tools for use during the influenza season.
- CDC. Information for Health Professionals
- Immunization Action Coalition. Vaccine Information Statements
Updated: June 2019