The state of our nation's health care delivery system continues to be a pressing issue. Numerous studies show the important role primary care clinicians play in creating health access and in keeping quality of care high and costs low. Leveraging public and private investment for League recruitment and retention initiatives focused on clinician loan repayment and career development continues to be a major priority.
In addition, the League is working to strengthen partnerships between Massachusetts community health centers and teaching programs to help affect the primary care pipeline. The focus is to expose medical students and residents to a positive primary care experience at Massachusetts's community health centers through symposiums, practicums at community health centers and formal teaching arrangements with medical schools and residency programs.
League primary care provider initiatives include the following:
- Community Health Center Special Projects Grant
- Student/Resident Experiences and Rotations in Community Health (SEARCH) Program
- Community Health Center Provider Loan Repayment Program
- Other Provider Loan Repayment Programs
- Scholarship/Other Programs
- Kraft Center for Community Health
- Harvard Medical School Center for Primary Care